Who wants a sandwich? Me Me!
Try our quick, low glycemic Bread in a Mug recipe. It’s a sad but true fact that sandwiches and subs are fattening people up at an alarming rate. This recipe won’t spike your blood sugar like most sandwich options so incorporating this into your life will help protect you from the epidemic of Type 2 Diabetes sweeping the nations and avoid the pound pile up. And it’s yummy so hopefully you’ll return and repeat this recipe often…
Rohnda, one of the mamas in our awesome THM Facebook community took this photo of her BIM sandwich. Looks good huh? She chose to use egg whites in her recipe. That’s actually a good idea because then when you are piling yummy fillings on your sandwich like mayo or cheese, you are not heading into calorie abuse. And the egg whites give the bread a lovely texture.
Your body will love you for giving it this sandwich. This is one of our S recipes. You can find it on page 265 of Trim Healthy Mama but here’s how to get er done:
Bread in a Mug
Ingredients: an egg or egg whites * golden flax meal and optional almond flour * baking powder * coconut oil or butter * sea salt and other optional seasonings
1. Put ¼ cup egg whites/egg beaters or one whole egg in a small dish or large coffee mug – whisk well with a fork.
2. Add 2 Tbs flax meal and 2 Tbs almond flour or use 4 Tbs flax meal if you don’t have almond flour.
3. Add ½ tsp baking powder (we use aluminum free).
4. Add 1 tsp. coconut oil or butter.
5. Add a pinch of salt and other seasonings of your choice like garlic powder, Italian seasoning or even rosemary.
6. Stir vigorously – microwave for 1 to 1.5 minutes depending on your microwave or bake in the oven at 350 for 12-16 minutes.
This recipe makes a great grilled cheese sandwich too. Please don’t make a side item out of potato chips or pretzels. You’ll undo the good you are doing from the blood sugar friendly bread. Have a side salad or choose one of the delicious S or Fuel Pull option from our Snacks Chapter in the book. Half of that huge Fat Stripping Frappa would work great too – recipe page 241.
Serene & Pearl
What?… You don’t have the book yet?
Click on over and get your copy NOW!
You will NOT be disappointed & Your body will thank you for it!