Mouthwatering Stuffed Mushrooms
~Trim Healthy Mama Friendly~
This is the perfect appetizer for a late dinner with friends. It tastes like you ordered it from a restaurant and your only regret might be that you didn’t make more of them. Who says Trim Healthy Mamas can’t enjoy restaurant style appetizers? Not us!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 12 whole fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp. THM Mineral Salt (Canadians get it here)
- 1TB Butter
- 1TB Garlic (minced)
- 8 oz. 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Coconut Oil cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Clean the mushrooms and dry them. Carefully pull out the stems and chop them as fine as you can (without the tough part of the stem).
- Heat a frying pan and melt the butter. Add in the diced garlic and finely chopped mushroom stems. Cook until there is no liquid remaining without burning the garlic. Remove from heat and set aside in a large bowl.
- When cooled, add in the cream cheese, onion powder, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and parmesan cheese and mix well together.
- Spray a pan with coconut oil cooking spray and place the mushrooms on them with the holes facing up.
- Using a small spoon, spoon in some mixture to each mushroom cap as full as you can (overflowing).
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until there is liquid under the mushrooms.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from AllRecipes.com
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.