“The Trim Healthy Mama Singing Canary”
Does the end of the school year have you singing the blues from exhaustion? Well hold onto your pool towel cause those Trim Healthy Mama’s have done it again! Check out the refreshing favorite drink, The Singing Canary, which is sure to add some pep in your step and have you feeling full of energy just in time to enjoy summer with the kids!
Check Out the Recipe Below!
- 1 & 1/2 cups of water
- 2 lemons
- 2000 mg Vitamin C Powder (buffered ascorbic acid powder or tablets or whatever is in your cupboard that does not include sugar or dyes)
- 1/2 – 1 tsp. non irradiated Turmeric powder (start with 1/2 tsp. if you’re just trying this out)
- 1 tsp. THM MCT oil or 1/2 tsp. of Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp. THM Pristine Whey Protein Powder
- 1 tsp. THM Integral Collagen (optional)
- 2 generous pinches of THM mineral salt
- 1-2 splashes vanilla extract
- 3-4 doonks of THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder (Canadians get it here) to taste, or 2-3 tsp. of THM Super Sweet Blend (Canadians get it here), or 5-6 tsp. of THM Gentle Sweet (gentle sweet is my favourite option)
- Optional 3-4 drops of Young Living Lemon Essential Oil
1.Peel only the yellow rind off two lemons using a sharp pearling knife, leave as much of the white pith intact (the bioflavonoids in the white are an important, healing component of the drink). Slice each lemon into four chunks, take out the seeds (or not, they get blended well and strained) and throw lemon pieces into your blender with 1 & 1/2 cups of water. Blend well.
2. Time to sieve this liquid because as you’ll want your Canary smooth and creamy. The easiest way is to pour the ingredients through a nylon mesh bag into a bowl or pitcher. Squeeze the bag throughly.
3. Rinse your blender and then pour your fresh juice back into the blender. Add all the other ingredients and blend really well.
4.Fill a two quart glass mason jar with ice to the top and then pour your SINGING CANARY juice over the ice. If it doesn’t reach the top then add more water to your jar.
5.Put on a lid on the jar and shake. Quite a bit of stevia is required to combat the strong flavors of lemon pith and turmeric and to balance out the salt – start with 3-4 doonks and add more to your taste.. If your Canary has too biting a flavor, add a little more stevia and/or vanilla. Note – Certain lemons have stronger flavored pith than others. If you find using all the white from your lemon is causing too bitter a taste in your drink, you can use only the juice from your lemons. You’ll be missing out on the bio flavonoids which make the vitamin C more absorbable so make sure to use a buffered, vitamin C ascorbic powder that contains bioflavonoids. This form will enable you to absorb more of the vitamin C.
There are so many favorite THM sippers we love! The Fat Stripping Frappa will rival your favorite Starbucks concoction! Next came Good Girl Moonshine, a zippy sipper that also has health and weight loss benefits. That was followed by The Shrinker – an amazing sipper that shrinks your fat cells and raises your metabolism. So we know you are going to love this latest creation, The Singing Canary…that will nourish your adrenals and restore your health during the occasional cold and flu season.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.